[K12OSN] server giga nic - compatible

Timothy Legge tlegge at rogers.com
Thu Oct 13 15:43:44 UTC 2005

Hi

The cards look to be based on the Realtek 8169 chip.
I have a couple of those for driver work but I have
never stress tested them.  The Realtek *8139* was not
a remarkably good nic but their price more than made
up for it.

I would look for some benchmarks comparing the *8169*
to other 10/100/1000 chips and be ready to swap it if
necessary but at the price it would not hurt to try
it.

Tim

http://www.linuxcompatible.org/Netgear_GA311_c11498.html

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16833122133