[K12OSN] Changing passwords on Samba3/OpenLDAP system

Brian Chivers brian at portsmouth-college.ac.uk
Mon Oct 17 14:49:02 UTC 2005

Over the summer I setup a Samba3/OpenLDAP PDC using the smbldap-installer script and it seems to be
working quite nicely now.

The boss has just come in and asked if there is a simple way to allow staff users to change there
passwords.

I did think it was just a matter of allowing this in the policy as we use Win2K clients but it would
mean setting up policies for all staff users and I don't really want to have to do this as at the mo
everyone except a few admin staff use the default policy.

Is there a web based system that I could use to allow staff to change passwords, I did think about
using Usermin from Webmin but it lookeda little confusing when I looked at the install when it
started to talk about setting up PAM modules :-)

How do other people manage this ??

Brian Chivers
Portsmouth College