[K12OSN] dhcp on port 1067 ?

brcisna at frontiernet.net brcisna at frontiernet.net
Tue Oct 18 11:33:20 UTC 2005

Hello List,

Does anyone have a good "howto" on setting up dhcp to run on port 1067(
rather than port 67/default).
I tryed using the option 128 & option 129- "DPORT=1067" in the
dhcp.conf file along with the appropriate MAC address for this client.I
of course used the rom-o -matic ZDSK,for the 1067/1068 ports configured
in for this client/NIC. the client boots sees the NIC but stops with
"NO IPADDRESS".Also when i do tail -f /var/log/messages, the server
NEVER gets a request( nothing comes up), from the client so im not sure
what is missing in this picture.
I can comment out the two >128& 129 entries,,and with a default boot
floppy and the same client boots up fine.I remember seeing a single
conf file that started with DHCPARGS= , but cant remember were this
file is? I think i need to add the -p 1067 that the dhcpd.startup
script sees for dhcp options. I tryed adding -p 1067 to the dhcpd
script,,,but after doing so, when i restart dhcpd,service,,it fails
saying"too many comments"?

We are running K12LTSP 4.1.1

Thanks for any info.

Barry Cisna