[K12OSN] migration question - nfs freezing?

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Wed Oct 19 20:41:39 UTC 2005

Frank Lee wrote:

> Hi, I know this was a while ago, I'm running into the sort-of the same
> thing.  However I'm a little confused.
>
> The issue described in the WIKI is spot-on.  Out of the box 4.2.1 works on a
> 100Mb NIC thru a Gb switch to my 7 iMacs.  No problems.
>
> I upgraded the card to a Gb NIC, and tried to change everything over without
> a reinstall, and well, I made more of a mess than I should have.
>
> So I reinstalled.  Figured while I was at it, might as well download and
> install the 4.4.1 iso's.
>
> On boot I get your problem.  NFS  Server 192.168.0.254 not responding, will
> keep trying.  I went through the steps in the WIKI and now I get:
>
> NFS  Server 192.168.0.254 not responding, will keep trying
> NFS  Server 192.168.0.254 not responding, will keep trying
> NFS  Server 192.168.0.254 OK
>
> And then it hangs.  The WIKI has you change the dhcpd.conf file.  You said
> something about changing the lts.conf?  I can't seem to figure out what
> needs to be changed in /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/lts.conf
>
> Do you remember what you did there?
>
> -F

Are you using 192.168.0.x for your network, and is the address on the server set to a
192.168.0.x address?  There are two different lts.conf files, one for PCs (x86) and one
for Macs.  When you install, if you set your server's address to something other than
the default network of 192.168.0.0, the lts.conf file for PCs will be correctly updated,
but the one for the Macs won't; you have to go adjust that one by hand.

Petre