[K12OSN] Educational Assessment Softwares

Dan Kegel daniel.r.kegel at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 23:56:58 UTC 2005

On 10/20/05, Keith Olson <ksoftconsulting at gmail.com> wrote:
> Here's /one/ thought:  post a bounty.  Maybe you /can/ solve the problem
> by throwing money at it. <G>
>
> You can post it at sites like http://www.linuxbounties.com/ -
> https://launchpad.net/bounties - http://tinyurl.com/coujc -
> http://tinyurl.com/b5yc4 - http://www.gnome.org/bounties/

Launchpad.net looks lke the most promising of that lot.

BTW, I once did exactly what you suggest: I posted a bounty
for a particular DirectX improvement in Wine on, I think,
cosource, and iirc Ove actually implemented it
(perhaps this is the one mentioned in
http://www.kerneltraffic.org/wine/wn20000710_51.html)

Regardless of whether you go the bounty route, or
simply contract with Codeweavers, I encourage
you to start by filing bug reports about the problem(s)
you want fixed at http://bugs.winehq.org
Who knows, it might even get fixed for free;
a good bug report goes a long way.
- Dan