[K12OSN] Printers and scanners

Gentgeen gentgeen at linuxmail.org
Fri Oct 21 03:32:34 UTC 2005

Why not put the scanner and printer on the LTSP box?

not sure what you "internet box" is set up as, but if it is your
firewall/router, you should probably think about using it ONLY as a
firewall/router.

If you move the printer and scanner to the LTSP box, then the LTSP
clients can use both just like as if they were connected directly to
them. The printer AND scanner can then also be shared with the rest of
your network via CUPS (for the printer) and SANE (for the printer).  One
thing I use is phpSANE (http://phpsane.sourceforge.net).  It is a
web-front end to your scanner.  Simple but effective way to share the
scanner to any other computer on the network.

, you can use CUPS to share the printer to any computer in the network.