[K12OSN] wierd happenings when updating server

rmcdaniel at indata.us rmcdaniel at indata.us
Fri Oct 21 15:25:16 UTC 2005

I am loading LTSP 4.4.1 complete install on an HP server with dual zeon
and 4 MB memory.  It runs fine and reboots OK until I do a YUM update.
All of the 200 and something packages seem to update fine.  I run a YUM
update again just to make sure.  When I reboot, I get a ""unable to
find VolGroup01"  then followed by a "kernel panic - not syncing" and
the machine never boots up.  This only happens when I do a complete
install and then run the updates.  I can just install LTSP package, run
updates and everything works fine.  Any ideas.  I thought that it was a
problem with a RAID setting, so I removed all of the drives and just
have 1 36GB SCSI drive installed.

This is not in production, no need to drop everything and help.

Thanks,

Ron

Ronald R. McDaniel
Conecuh County Schools