[K12OSN] Re: Saving Monitor Power

Carl Keil carl at snarlnet.com
Sat Oct 22 18:36:45 UTC 2005

>On Sat, 2005-10-22 at 09:13, Terrell Prudé, Jr. wrote:
>

>> I've see that one before.  I have a 21-inch HP P1110 CRT monitor that
>> won't go to sleep, but the screen saver turns on just fine.  However,
>> my Sharp 19-inch LCD monitor goes to sleep flawlessly.
>

>Are the client BIOS settings the same?

I was wondering if I should look in the BIOS. Which BIOS settings should
I be looking at? They are completely different boxes, one's an old
gateway and one is an actual thin client from Amer. It's the Amer with
the Dell LCD that's not sleeping. BTW - I was wondering, does anyone
think that reducing AGP aperture would speed up performance in a thin
client setting?