[K12OSN] Re: Saving Monitor Power

Terrell Prudé, Jr. microman at cmosnetworks.com
Sun Oct 23 14:38:08 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-10-22 at 10:16 -0500, Les Mikesell wrote:

> On Sat, 2005-10-22 at 09:13, Terrell Prudé, Jr. wrote:
>
> > I've see that one before.  I have a 21-inch HP P1110 CRT monitor that
> > won't go to sleep, but the screen saver turns on just fine.  However,
> > my Sharp 19-inch LCD monitor goes to sleep flawlessly.
>
> Are the client BIOS settings the same?

In my case, it was on the same physical box.  :-)  You make a good
point, and I wanted to eliminate that variable, so I tested every
monitor I have on the same box.  Then I did the same thing with them on
two other boxes.  In all cases, I left the BIOS settings the same.  Two
have Award BIOS's, and the third has a Phoenix BIOS.

--TP