[K12OSN] K12LTSP Video Problems

Mark Goodridge mgoodridge at chelseaeagles.org
Mon Oct 24 20:30:10 UTC 2005

I'm still not having any luck with my video problems. I have several
K12LTSP clients that work just fine, but I have several that don't.

Right now I'm trying to iron out video problems. The video card is a
Diamond Speedster A70 (AGP, but old). The chip on the card is labled
"SiS 6326DVD". All I get is a black screen. The same monitor on other
clients (with other video cards) works fine.

According to the documentation at
http://www.ltsp.org/documentation/ltsp-4.1/ltsp-4.1.3-en.html#AEN965
(very useful for other problems, by the way) AGP cards should not need
any special configuration in the lts.conf file, but I've tried several
variations with no luck.

I'm specifying the client with its MAC address.

I'm pretty sure that I'm editing the lts.conf file correctly because the
error messages I'm getting make sense (but don't solve the problem).

I assume that I need a special setting for the "XSERVER = " line, but I
can't figure out what the setting is or find more information about
possible variations.

Any suggestions about how I should fix this problem? I have a lot of
potential thin clients using this video card.

--
Mark Goodridge
The Computer Guy