[K12OSN] HELP, everything's slowing down...

David Trask dtrask at vcsvikings.org
Wed Oct 26 13:04:09 UTC 2005

"Support list for opensource software in schools." <k12osn at redhat.com> on
Wednesday, October 26, 2005 at 3:33 AM +0000 wrote:
> i don't know if it's because of an update or what.

Trust me folks....if right now...everything is working great....stop
updating.  Pick your updates very carefully...if you do auto-updates...the
chance of you getting an update that "could" break your system is much
greater.  If your system simply sits on your LAN (behind a
firewall)...then updates are not nearly as important as they might be when
it sits on the Internet.  I've learned over the last few years...."let
sleeping dogs lie"...for now.

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School