[K12OSN] *Home Directory..Again..Please Help*

Paul VanGundy vangundypw at sau14.k12.nh.us
Wed Oct 26 13:24:03 UTC 2005

All,

I was recently able to get my K12LTSP server to authenticate against a W2K3
ADS via winbind. Since then, I had sent an email asking for help with
getting home directories created when a user logs on or a script that will
grab AD user information and create home folders in a designated location on
the K12LTSP server.

I received several responses but none that seemed to work. I am emailing
again to ask if anyone has successfully found a way to get home directories
automatically made for a user when they log in for the first time on K12LTSP
or if there is a script that exist that will grab user info from the ADS and
create user folders automatically.

I know many of us use K12LTSP (obviously because we are on the listserv :-))
and surely some users on here authenticate against a Windows ADS as well and
have their home folders set up properly. I am asking (and kinda pleading!
:-)) that someone give me some insight and point me in the right direction
so that I can get this resolved. Also, when/if you do reply please treat me
like a newb so that I can ensure I do it right! :-)

Thanks in advance to you all.

-Paul

Paul VanGundy

Technology Coordinator