[K12OSN] Next Server

Eric Harrison eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us
Wed Oct 26 19:19:13 UTC 2005

Doug Simpson wrote:
> I have an existing DHCP server on one server and would like the thin
> clients to boot from another.
>
> I had this set up at one time and remember something about "next server"
> or something like that.
>
> Can anyone help?
>
> Thanks

It is "next-server"

 From the dhcpd.conf man page:

  The next-server statement

   next-server server-name;

  The next-server statement is used to specify the host address  of
  the  server  from  which  the initial boot file (specified in the
  filename statement) is to be loaded.   Server-name  should  be  a
  numeric  IP address or a domain name.   If no next-server parame-
  ter applies to a given client, the DHCP server's IP address is
  used.

-Eric