[K12OSN] Idea for when Windows programs need to be run...

Steve Hargadon steve.hargadon at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 16:19:27 UTC 2005

On 10/27/05, Larry McPherson <lmcpherson at mail.sumner.k12.me.us> wrote:

>  The price appears prohibitive to me. See:
> http://www.win4lin.com/content/view/59/94/ At $125/seat – I will look at
> other solutions.
>
> Product: *Win4Lin Terminal Server*<http://www.win4lin.com/content/view/62/99/>
> Target User: Transactional Users, Users that would benefit from managed
> desktop
> Price: $125/ seat (greater than 25 seats inquire at sales at win4lin.com)

Yes, that pricing is high. I think that they are interested in helping this
community, and want to see how they respond on price if we present an
package to them that we would be marketing. I also think that you look at a
concurrent user scenario, so instead of needing a license for every machine,
you only need enough licenses for those using Win4Lin at any given moment in
time.

For example, if the school needs to have Windows for a testing program, they
may only have a limited number of students taking the test at any given
moment in time...

--
Steve Hargadon
916-899-1400 direct