[K12OSN] making icewm only option

Robert Arkiletian robark at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 22:51:01 UTC 2005

On 10/27/05, rmcdaniel at indata.us <rmcdaniel at indata.us> wrote:
> My Xsession file does not exactly have the same lines that are in the
> example.  I made the changes to the three files and the terminal just
> keeps rebooting back to the login screen and all of the desktop choices
> are still showing up in the menu.  Can someone post the contents of
> their Xsession file that has been modified?  I am running LTSP 4.4.1.

I'm running 4.2.1EL. Here is my Xsession

#!/bin/bash
# Copyright (C) 1999 - 2004 Red Hat, Inc. All rights reserved. This
# copyrighted material is made available to anyone wishing to use, modify,
# copy, or redistribute it subject to the terms and conditions of the
# GNU General Public License version 2.
#
# along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software
# Foundation, Inc., 675 Mass Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA.

# redirect errors to a file in user's home directory if we can
if [ -z "$GDMSESSION" ]; then
    # GDM redirect output itself in a smarter fashion
    errfile="$HOME/.xsession-errors"
    if cp /dev/null "$errfile" 2> /dev/null ; then
        chmod 600 "$errfile"
        exec > "$errfile" 2>&1
    else
        errfile=$(mktemp -q /tmp/xses-$USER.XXXXXX)
        if [ $? -eq 0 ]; then
            exec > "$errfile" 2>&1
        fi
    fi
fi

if ! printenv PATH | grep -q /usr/X11R6/bin
then
        PATH="${PATH}":/usr/X11R6/bin
fi

# Mandatorily source xinitrc-common, which is common code shared between the
# Xsession and xinitrc scripts which has been factored out to avoid duplication
. /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc-common

    exec -l $SHELL -c "$DBUS_LAUNCH /etc/X11/xinit/Xclients"

--
Robert Arkiletian