[K12OSN] Creating Pilot Project for Ontario Public Libraries

Kriston Purdy kriston at tekdesk.org
Fri Oct 28 16:26:27 UTC 2005

Hi All;

One of our sister companies that recycles donated hardware to non-profits,
recieved through donation 30 older IBM Netfinity servers, which consisted of
1 P-3-650 processor and 512 mb of Ram. In hearing of their availability, the
K12_LTSP project came to mind. My idea, distribute these servers to the
smaller Ontario Public Libraries, not only running Teminal Services, but
also acting as File, Print, Mail and Webhosting Servers.

I want to know if you think that these servers are beefy enough to handle
the load placed on them for these tasks.

Sincerely

Kriston
24by7 Tekdesk
www.tekdesk.org