[K12OSN] Join a win2k3 to a smbldap server

Doug Simpson veewee77 at alltel.net
Mon Oct 31 12:47:29 UTC 2005

Don't forget tht if you are not an admin user on the samba box, you
won't be able to join computers to the domain.

Under the general exction put a line:

admin users = loginname1, loginname2, loginname3

For however many you want to be admin users on that domain.

Or, add root to samba like:

smbpasswd -a root

then key root's password when asked, twice.

then:

admin users = root, loginname1, loginname2

Hope this helps. . .

Doug