[K12OSN] making squid proxy transparent

Will Hatch fhkms at adelphia.net
Thu Sep 1 14:24:48 UTC 2005

Happy Thursday all!

I have webming going on my k12ltsp 4.4.0 box.  I have squid enabled.  I have dansguardian enabled.  I'm only having a couple problems at this point.

When I am at pages such as:  https://localhost.localdomain:10000/dansguardian/editfiles.cgi
I cannot edit the files.  it says:  You are not authorized to use this section
Why is this?  I am the root user.

Also, Dansguardian is not filtering.  Do I have to reboot?

Finally, the internet is working on my workstations, but I have a few standalone windows machines in the school where the internet is not working.  I figure this is because squid is not configured to be transparent.  How, through webmin, do I make squid transparent?

Thanks all!