[K12OSN] Install Problem

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Fri Sep 2 03:54:03 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-09-01 at 16:27, Mike Lichtenwalner wrote:
> I've installed K12LTSP 4.4.1 on a test machine - no problem. I'm now
> trying to install it on a production server (dual Xeon, Intel SHG2
> board). At the boot prompt I type "linux askmethod" so that I can do an
> NFS install. Some text flies by then stops dead at this line:
> "isapnp: No Plug & Play device found"
>
> Using "linux noprobe" gives the same results.
>
> The BIOS is up to date, and I didn't see an option to turn off PnP.

It's probably the probe after pnp that is killing it...  There are
an assortment of things you can try at the boot prompt to turn
off various options:
linux acpi=off
linux nofb
etc.

If you don't need the very latest apps you might do better
with the Centos4 based K12LTSP-4.2.1EL version on this machine.

--
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com