[K12OSN] Re: pykota problem

Peter Hartmann ascensiontech at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 13:09:11 UTC 2005

Also, here's the help options.  I've experimented a bit but no luck.
Any Ideas? Also What's sthe standard procedure for uninstallation for
python packages?

Peter

Options for 'build' command:
  --build-base (-b)  base directory for build library
  --build-purelib    build directory for platform-neutral distributions
  --build-platlib    build directory for platform-specific distributions
  --build-lib        build directory for all distribution (defaults to either
                     build-purelib or build-platlib
  --build-scripts    build directory for scripts
  --build-temp (-t)  temporary build directory
  --compiler (-c)    specify the compiler type
  --debug (-g)       compile extensions and libraries with debugging
                     information
  --force (-f)       forcibly build everything (ignore file timestamps)
  --help-compiler    list available compilers

Options for 'install' command:
  --prefix            installation prefix
  --exec-prefix       (Unix only) prefix for platform-specific files
  --home              (Unix only) home directory to install under
  --install-base      base installation directory (instead of --prefix or --
                      home)
  --install-platbase  base installation directory for platform-specific files
                      (instead of --exec-prefix or --home)
  --root              install everything relative to this alternate root
                      directory
  --install-purelib   installation directory for pure Python module
                      distributions
  --install-platlib   installation directory for non-pure module distributions
  --install-lib       installation directory for all module distributions
                      (overrides --install-purelib and --install-platlib)
  --install-headers   installation directory for C/C++ headers
  --install-scripts   installation directory for Python scripts
  --install-data      installation directory for data files
  --compile (-c)      compile .py to .pyc [default]
  --no-compile        don't compile .py files
  --optimize (-O)     also compile with optimization: -O1 for "python -O", -O2
                      for "python -OO", and -O0 to disable [default: -O0]
  --force (-f)        force installation (overwrite any existing files)
  --skip-build        skip rebuilding everything (for testing/debugging)
  --record            filename in which to record list of installed files