[K12OSN] Call for Help: Katrina Public Web Stations Project

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Tue Sep 6 14:31:32 UTC 2005

I have just listed 200+ Bondi iMacs on HYPERLINK
"http://www.diyparts.org"www.diyparts.org.  I would be willing to clone
the hard drives with any supplied image if someone could put them to
use.  I could possibly help fund some shipping as well.  The HD's are
4GB so that would be the only limitation.  The machines are 233mhz with
160MB RAM and 15" monitor.  They all have 10/100MB ethernet ports and a
56kbps modem.  About 60% of them have working CDROMs so cloning the HDs
would be a better option, and probably more stable.  These would also
make great terminals for K12LTSP in makeshift schools.

Please contact me if you have any other ideas on how to help out with
these computers.  I have gotten permission to let them all go for free.

I also have about 50 Macintosh G3 All-in-One computers as well if they
could be of use.  They all have been upgraded with 10/100MB ethernet
cards.  I can ship them with OS9 and some apps as our licenses for these
are no longer in use.

I could also leave OS9 on the 200+ iMacs with software if needed.

These would make nice compact machines easy to setup with minimal
cables.  I have keyboards, mice, and power cords for them all as well.

I will be traveling to Topeka Kansas on Sept 9th and could possibly meet
someone there with a truckload of computers.  I would be willing to rent
a uhaul to get them that far.

Jim Kronebusch
Cotter Tech Department
507-453-5188