[K12OSN] Netware Network

Robert E. Gomberg robertgomberg at huntingworld.com
Tue Sep 6 22:08:14 UTC 2005

While communicating with the school districts IT people I got the following
answer when I asked how I could get an internet connection to a LTSP server
and six thin clients in one of the classrooms.

"We have standards that must be followed and adhered to. Any server that is
attached to the network must be a specific HP server with a specific set of
configuration parameters. Also we are a Netware 6.5 shop, and do not run
Linux with the exception of a couple of enterprise apps that require it. Any
desktop attached to the network must have the latest Mcafee anti-virus
software, the latest Netware 6.5 client, and the Mcafee EPO client
installed."

Is this a dead end and should I look for a way to drop a separate internet
connection?

Thanks, Robert