[K12OSN] Netware Network

Dan Young dan_young at parkrose.k12.or.us
Tue Sep 6 23:54:32 UTC 2005

Robert E. Gomberg wrote:
> Any
> desktop attached to the network must have the latest Mcafee anti-virus
> software, the latest Netware 6.5 client, and the Mcafee EPO client
> installed."

Novell Client for Linux
http://www.novell.com/products/clients/linux/overview.html
http://www.novell.com/documentation/linux_client/index.html
http://download.novell.com/Download?buildid=e8ho0P4r2SM~

Mcafee Anti-virus for Linux
http://www.networkassociates.com/us/products/mcafee/antivirus/fileserver/linuxshield.htm

Can't help you with the ePO client. I've seen references to an ePO agent
for linux, but Google doesn't come up with much. Sounds like the IT
dept. wants homogeneity, which is defensible as a policy, if a little
inflexible. Would they do any better w/ Novell Linux Desktop w/ LTSP
installed?

At any rate, Novell is rapidly becoming a Linux shop, so expect to see
more Linux/Netware interoperability forthcoming (see their new server
release running on either NW or Linux, Groupwise client access w/
Evolution, etc.). Best of luck.

--
Dan Young <dan_young at parkrose.k12.or.us>
Parkrose School District