[K12OSN] Re: Accelerated Reader/Renaissance Place

William Fragakis william at fragakis.com
Thu Sep 8 03:11:52 UTC 2005

You neeed 2K or newer with .net to _host_ it.

from the AR RP documentation:

Logging in as a Student
1. Start your browser (Internet Explorer, Netscape Navigator, Firefox,
or Safari).
2. In your browser window, go to the address provided by your district
or school. The Welcome page appears.

That Safari is supported is a dead giveaway that AR RP supports
non-Windows platforms (being an OS X only browser).
"
Renaissance Place applications are designed to coexist in mixed network
environments, such as those also
running Novell Netware, Macintosh® (Appleshare®, Xserve®), Windows NT®,
Linux, and others. Users simply
connect from any Windows® or Macintosh workstation with a browser by
entering a server name or IP address and
logging in."

http://www.renlearn.com/ProductSystemRequirements.pdf

There are some teacher side and minor programs that seem to need
Windows but not Ren. Place student clients.

We'll see next week anyways.

Regards,
William