[K12OSN] What's the difference between OpenLDAP backen dbm and ldbm

Brian Webport brian at portsmouth-college.ac.uk
Fri Sep 9 10:20:09 UTC 2005

We're happily running our Samba 3 / OpenLDAP system setup using the
smbldap-installer script. I've been looking around trying to do a little
background reading on the OpenLDAP section and I'm a little confused as
to what the difference is between dbm & ldbm for the backend database.

I see from our slapd.conf file that the installer uses ldbm is this
better then dbm ??

Any information would be greatfully received.

Thanks
Brian Chivers
Portsmouth College