[K12OSN] Flash+LTSP = crashes? gdm_slave_xioerror_handler

light being lighthumor at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 12 12:04:32 UTC 2005

Seems like the problem might be fixed, I havent had reports of freezes
lately.

What I did was:

1-update all packages with synaptic
2-reduce the colors to 8-bit, or 256 colors, on the terminals.  Put one at
16-bit for testing purposes - which seemed to continue crashing more than
the others.
3-turned on NFS memory swapping.

1 and 2 reduced the problem from several terminal crashes a day to a couple.
   the NFS swap seems to have stopped it.

I will be increasing terminals to 16 bit colors now, lets see if it doesnt
return.

My terminals have 32mb RAM, old ibm 300gl celeron 333mhz.