[K12OSN] Swap eth0 and eth1

gKw-X gkw-x at shaw.ca
Thu Sep 15 21:34:55 UTC 2005

Thanks your your input guys,

I can't switch the cards because one of them is onboard. If that's what
you meant?

I tried what you said, and in the network gui it looks right after i
reload the settings, but ifconfig -a still shows them wrong... I also
tried someone else's suggestion of swapping the aliases in modprobe, and
still same thing...

I'm at a loss, it seems that no matter what I do, ifconfig -a reports
them as the 10/100 being eth0 and the 10/100/1000 being eth1... Why
would the report from ifconfig be different from what the network
settings gui reports?