[K12OSN] Swap eth0 and eth1

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Thu Sep 15 22:06:07 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-09-15 at 16:34, gKw-X wrote:
> Thanks your your input guys,
>
> I can't switch the cards because one of them is onboard. If that's what
> you meant?
>
> I tried what you said, and in the network gui it looks right after i
> reload the settings, but ifconfig -a still shows them wrong... I also
> tried someone else's suggestion of swapping the aliases in modprobe, and
> still same thing...
>
> I'm at a loss, it seems that no matter what I do, ifconfig -a reports
> them as the 10/100 being eth0 and the 10/100/1000 being eth1... Why
> would the report from ifconfig be different from what the network
> settings gui reports?

I think the stuff under /etc/sysconfig/networking/devices/ and
/etc/sysconfig/networking/profiles/default is used if present,
and the HWADDR entry is used to tie to the NIC.  Try removing
those files (save them in case I'm wrong...) along with the
HWADDR= lines from the /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts files for
eth0 and eth1, then reboot with the modprobe.conf entries set
the way you want.  Then you may be able to put them back in
the GUI setup with the right cards.

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com