[K12OSN] ldap import existing linux users

Brian Chivers brian at portsmouth-college.ac.uk
Fri Sep 16 08:14:06 UTC 2005

Peter Hartmann wrote:
> Hello,
> This may have been covered but, is there any way of importing the
> existing users of a k12ltsp installation using the smbldap script on
> the same machine?  (ie. keep existing passwords)
>
> Thanks,
> Peter

There are a couple of script installed by the idealx stuff , if you look for the location
smbldap-useradd (it might be in /opt/idealx) or use locate smbldap-useradd . Go to that directory
and I think that there is a couple of script called smbldap-migrate or something similar. These are
designed to do what you want I think.

Lots of thinking in this email as I've not done it *grin*

Brian