[K12OSN] Success! Only, I cant get eth0 do right! (was Old, Creaky Toshiba 2100CDS Laptops As Clients?)

Tom Simpson bullet at sc.rr.com
Sun Sep 18 22:28:36 UTC 2005

Hi:

I did manage to find a boot image that allowed the old TI/IBM PCMCIA NIC
to initialize at boot on the client and go looking for the OS...but I
cant get the NIC at eth0 to tell the OS on the server what its IP
address is. Or something like that. I have swapped it out once and
neither card (a 3com and an Intel, both known good) will do right. I am
typing this from a Windows partition so I cant check on just what the
errors were, but if somebody could provide me with a primer on what to
look for in configuring eth0, Id appreciate it. eth1, BTW, is the nVidia
NIC built into the motherboard, and it seems to work find. Funny thing
is, at one point it was showing up as eth0 and the PCI NICs were showing
as eth1. Wierd.

TIA