[K12OSN] F1_TeacherTool, creating launch button

Steve Hampton wolfravenous at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 12:43:45 UTC 2005

Hi List,
I have recently downloaded and installed the F1_TeacherTool and it is a
wonderful little app. I have run into a minor little problem that I can't
seem to over come being a newbie and all. After installation when I type:
F1_TeacherTool
from a root prompt the program will not run, I recieve a command not found
response. However if I type in the full directory path:
/usr/local/sbin/F1_TeacherTool
the program launches just fine but it does give me a warning in the shell
window which says:
warning, got duplicate tcp line.
I have tried creating an alias in the .bashrc file and also a launcher icon
on the Gnome menu both times using the full path name as entries but both of
these attempts have failed. When I create the alias and the launcher icon
and try to use them I get a command not found response. I am assuming that I
have something wrong in my path configurations, but I don't really
understand well enough to know what to do to fix it. I would just like to be
able to make an icon on my gnome desktop menu that would launch F1. Thanks
for any help.

Warmly
Steven Hampton
Swain High School