[K12OSN] migration question - nfs freezing?

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Mon Sep 19 16:52:26 UTC 2005

I had a similar problem with an older client that was running an ISA 3Com NIC over coax.
  Jim McQuillan pointed me to http://wiki.ltsp.org/twiki/bin/view/Ltsp/NFS to fix the
problem.  Also, this past weekend, I tried out an old 486 with a PCI NIC (with a RealTek
8139 chip) that had similar symptoms when it was connected to my 100Mbit switch.  I
moved it to an old 10Mbit hub, which then had an upstream link to the 100Mbit switch to
which the server was connected, and then it worked fine.  HTH

Petre