[K12OSN] Password Changes

Mark Cockrell cockrell at honeygroveisd.net
Mon Sep 19 18:12:18 UTC 2005

Hello all,
    I've got a question regarding Linux/Windows password
synchronization.  I've got my Samba/LDAP PDC set up so that passwords
expire after two months.  When a user logs onto a Windows (NT/2K/XP)
machine after their password has expired they're prompted to change
their password, which they can do right from the login prompt.  On the
thin clients (using IceWM), however they're simply denied login.  No
reason given, no opportunity to change the password.  Is there any way I
can get the same behavior on both platforms?

--
C-ya,
Mark