[K12OSN] Nautilus/Gnome Local Media integration complete

Henry Burroughs hburroughs at HHPREP.ORG
Mon Sep 19 18:51:35 UTC 2005

I've documented a new way to access Local Media/Devices from the
clients.  It provides desktop icons (no Samba browsing) for the user's
drives.  It updates whenever you log into a new client and gives you the
correct devices.  It uses autofs to mount the client shares on the
server when needed (and grants only the user logged into the client
ownership of the files).  Look at the bottom of the LTSP wiki entry for
more details!  I hope everyone enjoys!

You get an icon on your desktop for "My Disks".  It is accessible from
"Computer" as well as any Gnome/GTK program.  Otherwise you can browse
to /mnt/localdev/<client name> to gain access to your files.

Here's a direct link:
http://wiki.ltsp.org/twiki/bin/view/Ltsp/LocalMedia#Integration_using_the_automounte

Henry Burroughs
Technology Director