[K12OSN] schooltool daemon

Eric Harrison eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us
Tue Sep 20 04:25:32 UTC 2005

On Tue, 13 Sep 2005, Peter Hartmann wrote:

> Hey Eric,
> I thought I might test schooltool daemonishness on another system
> (centos4) and I still get the same result: no start at boot time.   I
> can only assume it's something I'm doing wrong.  Is this right?
>
> chkconfig --level 3 schooltool on

That will set it to start only on runlevel 3, the default runlevel is 5.

Not a problem if you are running in 3, of course ;-)

I usually just turn daemons on for all of the common runlevels (3, 4, 5):

 	chkconfig schooltool on

I made another small tweak a couple of days ago, adding the "-d" switch
as you suggested. Is all peachy now?

-Eric