[K12OSN] Compile driver for thin client

Terrell Prudé, Jr. microman at cmosnetworks.com
Tue Sep 20 12:30:53 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-09-20 at 18:10 +0800, Jean Phil wrote:

> Need help.
> I will be using SURECOM ep-320-v1 Ethernet PCI on our thin client.
> However I have to compile the driver (rhinefet.o). How can I compile
> and install the driver on the thin client (not on the server.) Thank
> you!

That's not trivial, because it involves either 1.) recompiling a LTSP-
ifyed kernel for the thin clients or 2.) making a new initrd for the
thin clients.  If you choose 2.), then you would be wise to use the same
kernel revision as the LTSP-ifyed kernel.  Can you use a supported NIC
in your thin client?  Realtek-based 10/100 cards are supported well and
cost maybe US$5.  Even 3Com 3C905's can be had for US$10.

--TP