[K12OSN] K12 LTSP Server Down, 6 Hours later up, what happened?

Shane Stafford staffords at glenburn.net
Tue Sep 20 13:07:40 UTC 2005

OK, looking for some understanding here.  Working on Terminals late last
night/early AM.    At 1:30 AM,  LTSP server stops handing out IP
addresses.  Best I can figure, screen stuck at DHCP.  I try reboot
(twice),  restart DHCP service, check NIC card, check ports/switches, and
nothing.

Finally at 2:30AM I shut down server and figure I will have to come back
in this morning.  I figure I have a bad Eth0 Nic card.

I come in at 8:30 AM and restart the server and it works fine.  So, what
happened?

I hate it when machines act like Humans.......   :-)

thanks
Shane

Shane Stafford, MCSE, MCT
Director Information Services Glenburn School and Town
Educational System Integrator/Network Engineer
S & B Consulting