[K12OSN] K12 LTSP Server Down, 6 Hours later up, what happened?

Jesper Berth big at santaz.dk
Tue Sep 20 15:20:18 UTC 2005

Not that i know what it is but i had a similar situation yesterday i am
running fedora core 3 and using it as a smbldap server serving /home for
a ltspserver i have tree nic's in one for internet, one for my ltsp
server and the last one isn't in use waiting for some cabling to finish.

I was using a thin client and suddenly it stops, i turn of the ltsp
server and reboots the smbldap server, but at startup it tells me that
eth2 dosn't work and kudzu will remove the config, i reboot three times
and every time one of the nic is "out of order" i remove the cards from
the server boot again no problems, and no nic's.... But everything back
in to the server and then it works perfectly ....

Maybee it was dust ... maybee it just had a bad day .....

Jesper Berth
Denmark