[K12OSN] Mac won't netboot any more

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Tue Sep 20 18:24:40 UTC 2005

My one iMac, which has been working wonderfully as a thin-client for the past couple of
months, suddenly can't netboot any more.  When I turn it on, the planet icon just keeps
blinking on the screen, suggesting it's not getting the needed response from the DHCP
server.  But all my PC thin clients are booting fine.  And if I boot the Mac from its
hard drive (OS X), it gets an address from the DHCP just fine.  So, I don't think it's
an ethernet failure.  Nothing had changed on the LTSP server (4.4.1).  It's one of the
grey/transparent iMacs, if that matters.  Has anyone seen anything like this?

Petre