[K12OSN] Getting the monitor to shut off after a period of inactivity...

Carl Keil carl at snarlnet.com
Wed Sep 21 18:16:50 UTC 2005

Does anyone know how to get the monitor to turn off after half an hour
or so of inactivity?

I added the following to my defaults in lts.conf because it popped up on
this list

        X_DPMS = Y
        X_DPMS_STANDBYTIME = 5
        X_DPMS_OFFTIME = 30
        X_DPMS_SUSPENDTIME = 15

But it didn't do nothin'...

Various monitors.  It's the FC2 based K12LTSP, I'm bad at linux distro
version numbers.  Any clues about things to try would be appreciated.
I'm not intererested in a screensaver, I'm trying to save power without
having to manually shut the monitor off when the kids walk away.

Thanks,

ck