[K12OSN] Mac won't netboot any more

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Thu Sep 22 14:27:32 UTC 2005

> I figure I'll try to configure the Airport's DHCP to respond
> only to the one laptop it's
> supporting.  I tried to get into the setup, using both the
> laptop and a wired Mac, using
> the Airport Admin utility (I forget the exact name) but it
> won't let me in.  It doesn't
> seem to have a admin-via-web-browser interface.  For that,
> I'll agree, Stupid Apple.

Use a x-over cable between the laptop and the airport.  Also be sure the
Airport Admin Utility (I believe that really is the name) is completely
up to date.  I know for a while you needed to have the right version of
the Admin Utility to connect or you wouldn't be able to find the
airport.  If you still cannot get in follow the instructions to reset
the airport (I believe you power it down, stick a famous mac paperclip
into the reset hole, power up the airport while holding reset until you
get a red light or something and then pull the paperclip).  Usually that
does the trick.

> Thanks Jim.  I never would have thought of the Airport if you
> hadn't mentioned the
> possibility of another DHCP server.

No problem, glad I was acutally able to help :-)

9/21/2005