[K12OSN] (no subject)

William Fragakis william at fragakis.com
Fri Sep 23 11:43:44 UTC 2005

> Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 13:09:36 -0700
> From: rmcdaniel at indata.us
> Subject: [K12OSN] video "input out of sync"
> To: k12osn at redhat.com
> <20050922130936.d7061e97b78b017ac15395d64f2ce134.29b48bc7ae.wbe at email.e
> mail.secureserver.net>

> When trying to run some of the educational software on the thin client
> receive "input out of sync" error.  This only happens on the thin
> client.  I have used the monitor on the server and it works fine.  The
> educational software runs fine from the server.  Is there a setting
> that needs to be set for the thin client??  The thin client works fine
> running all of the other apps, openoffice, etc.

Is it a specific application (ie Tuxtype)? Older versions of tuxtype
would bomb our lcd screens. Putting the -w switch after the exec path
will solve that. Puts it in a window instead of full screen.

from our school's install guide:
Now- navigate to /usr/share/applications and scroll down until you see
the TuxType icon.

Right click Tuxtype and choose Properties. Change the launcher from:
Exec = /usr/bin/tuxtype2 to: Exec = /usr/bin/tuxtype2 -w

If it's another application - hmmm, I wouldn't know.

Regards,
William