[K12OSN] Trouble in River City... yum update

Calvin Dodge caldodge at fpcc.net
Sun Sep 25 18:19:09 UTC 2005

On Sun, Sep 25, 2005 at 12:14:56AM -0600, Angus Carr wrote:
> ahodson at elp.rr.com wrote:
>
> >Folks:
> >
> >Whenever I try to update yum I am getting:
> >
> >Error: Missing Dependency: python < 0:2.4 is needed by package
> >python-reportlab
> >

> Hmmm, me too. I'm just setting up a FC4->k12ltsp setup, and I can
> install k12ltsp-core and k12ltsp-extras, but none of the other metapackages.
> I'm also getting key errors, but I can just disable the key check.

I had this problem, too.  I _believe_ that the python-reportlab package which
is in the k12ltsp distro is based on Python 2.3, while Fedora Core 4 comes
with Python 2.4.

I solved this by installing the python-reportlab from the Fedora Extras
repository (THAT one is based on Python 2.4). After that, the other k12ltsp
installs went just fine.

Calvin

--
Calvin Dodge