[K12OSN] Lock LDAP user account

Mark Cockrell cockrell at honeygroveisd.net
Tue Sep 27 14:33:09 UTC 2005

Hello all,
    I have a question regarding LDAP and user security.  On my
Samba/LDAP server I have the Samba side set to lock an account after 5
bad login attempts.  The user is locked out with regard to the Windows
machines, but if he goes into one of the thin-client labs and
authenticates directly with the LDAP server, rather than through Samba
he's allowed access.  It seems the account is being locked in Samba, but
not LDAP.  Is anyone else seeing this behavior?  Any ideas as to how I
get get a uniform lockout?

--
C-ya,
Mark