[K12OSN] Firefox Crashing Clients

Daniel Loomis drloomis at cox-internet.com
Tue Sep 27 18:36:58 UTC 2005

We are having problems with Firefox crashing thin clients when accessing
certain flash pages.  Some of our preschoolers are accessing the
cartoonnetwork.com site.  When they access certain pages, the client
crashes and reboots!  It does not happen on all clients, but is
consistent with certain clients.

Most of our clients are New Internet Computers (ThinkNICs), and some are
generic pcs with 3c905tx-tm cards.  The server is a dual cpu athlon
running K12LTSP-4.2.1.  Clients are running IceWM with Nautilus
enabled.  The problems were first reported after I updated Firefox from
1.0.3 to 1.0.6, so, I removed 1.0.6 and reinstalled 1.0.3, but the
problem persists.  The flash plugin is the one that was installed when
4.2.1 was installed using the scripts  Eric provided on the root desktop.

Is anyone else having problems with Firefox and Flash.

Dan