[K12OSN] HELP..Emergency

John T. Leonard johnny at msad41.us
Tue Sep 27 22:02:09 UTC 2005

Well I really did it this time...made changes in NIS and now can't log in as
root to do anything...I can log in with my regular account but no joy on the
'root' login...anyone point me to a step by step fix for my predicament...I do
have access to boot the machine by cd as it is in my office. This machine does
my home exports to two other boxes also or I'd just dump it and finally do the
upgrade that I've been wanting to do and import the users back from one of the
other boxes, but I'd lose all the home dirs....  ...:-( John.........

John T. Leonard
Technology Coordinator
MSAD No. 41
Penquis Valley HS/MS