[K12OSN] first try

Terrell Prudé, Jr. microman at cmosnetworks.com
Wed Sep 28 12:07:26 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-09-27 at 20:33 -0700, Robert Arkiletian wrote:

> On 9/27/05, David Dees <david at suwannee.k12.fl.us> wrote:
> > All other workstations in the district are either Windows 2000 or XP with
> > IE.   I'll test a few of them with FireFox tomorrow.
> >

> I was also having a problem with firefox connecting to certain sites.
> Solved it easily by installing Opera. They just released Opera for
> free a few days ago. No more ad banners. Plus it can trick websites
> into thinking it's IE.

Konqueror can do the same thing (browser identification spoofing), so it
would be worth trying that out on the LTSP server.  I've had trouble
with certain bank sites with Firefox and Konqueror, since these sites
had specific checks for IE and wouldn't work right unless they thought
they were seeing IE.  I tried telling Konqueror to impersonate IE to
these sites, and bingo, things worked.

Damned Microsoft dev tools and the developers who blindly use them
without thinking....

--TP