[K12OSN] RE: K12OSN Digest, Vol 19, Issue 45

Selzler, Bruce SelzlerB at esuhsd.org
Fri Sep 30 15:08:42 UTC 2005

Hello Team,

Perhaps I'm looking at this the wrong way.  I assumed that by
authenticating against a different LDAP server, I could use one "list"
of accounts for a number of servers.  The second response below seems to
be saying that I need to duplicate the userlist on the LTSP server.  If
so, what is the point of authenticating to the LDAP server?  I thought
the idea of LDAP was "one user list available in many places".  Is this
not correct?

My LDAP logs in OSX show the following;

Sep 29 11:16:45 ybstudent slapd[52]: <= bdb_equality_candidates: (rid)
index_param failed (18)

Sep 29 14:31:33 ybstudent slapd[52]: do_search: invalid dn (dc=ybstudent
dc=org)

Sep 29 14:31:35 ybstudent slapd[52]: do_search: invalid dn (dc=ybstudent
dc=org)

Sep 29 14:31:51 ybstudent slapd[52]: do_search: invalid dn (dc=ybstudent
dc=org)

Sep 29 14:31:55 ybstudent slapd[52]: do_search: invalid dn (dc=ybstudent
dc=org)

Sep 30 07:59:34 localhost slapd[52]: @(#) $OpenLDAP: slapd 2.2.19 $

Sep 30 07:59:34 localhost slapd[52]: bdb_back_initialize: Sleepycat
Software: Berkeley DB 4.2.52: (December  3, 2003)

Sep 30 07:59:35 localhost slapd[52]: bdb_db_init: Initializing BDB
database

Sep 30 07:59:36 localhost slapd[52]: slapd starting

Sep 30 08:00:00 ybstudent slapd[52]: <= bdb_substring_candidates:
(apple-mcxflags) index_param failed (18)

Let me know what you think.

- Sez

Bruce Selzler
Digital High School Resource Teacher