[K12OSN] Indiana State-wide Linux Desktop Initiative

Curt Craig ccraig at safedesksolutions.com
Thu Sep 1 13:36:39 UTC 2005

Not an LTSP model, but another example of migration to Linux/OS in education.
(They've chosen to use Novell's SuSE Linux, which is what we use in our LTSP
model)

http://www.eschoolnews.com/news/showStory.cfm?ArticleID=5837

PS. The article details some of the educator's points of resistance; not noted
is the fact that the initiative calls for purchasing new DESKS! for every
desktop, which, according to my contacts, is another big reason for
objecting...too much $$$ bundled in for an Linux solution!
--
Curt Craig
SafeDesk Solutions