[K12OSN] how's this raid setup?

Peter Hartmann ascensiontech at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 17:04:36 UTC 2005

How does his look to you guys?  I have 4 sata channels at the moment
maybe more to come. Will this setup still allow me the speed increase
of striping even though my mirror is 7200rpm?  (I'm pretty sure the
answer is yes but I want to make sure)  Assuming there's no
performance hit with the 7200rpm, how much use of LVM, if any, can I
use for /home, if for instance I wanted to add 2 more 74g in raid 0
and another 120g to mirror?

1 74g (10k rpm) for OS minus /home  (with a cold spare imaged with dd)
2 74g (10k rpm) in raid 0  for /home  using <60g
1 120g 7200rpm to mirror /home

Thank you,
Peter